Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I am not a morning person

When some people think of people who do yoga, they think of people getting up before the sun to do it.  The studio I go to offers many early morning classes, and not as many after about 8.  But I am not a morning person.  My family will tell you just how much I hate mornings, and how I have always hated them.

I tried getting up earlier to do yoga before going to work.  It didn't work so well.  I think part of that has to do with my hypothyroidism.  See, I have to take my pill on an empty stomach, with a little water.  I have to wait a half an hour to an hour before I can eat.  So I tried doing yoga on an empty stomach, and that just made me feel sick.  To do that early in the morning on a full stomach, I would have to get up two to three hours earlier than I already do, so I might as well not sleep at all.

But you know what?  That is what yoga is about.  Listening to my body, figuring out what works for me.  I like to exercise at night because it makes me tired.  I can still do the most energetic yoga sequence and still be ready for bed an hour later.

I liked laying in bed this morning and watching the beautiful sunrise.  I salute the sun in a different way.

Love and light to you all,

Chess

No comments:

Post a Comment