Saturday, October 12, 2013

Glow in the dark yoga

Last night I went to a new event at the yoga studio I attend.  It was called Yoga Glow.  They set everything up in a dark room with a couple black lights and a lot of glow sticks.  There was just enough light to be able to not hit my neighbors. It was so much fun!

It was easier to focus on my flow and my balance.  I managed to maintain my balance for many of the more difficult poses.  I even managed to come up into crescent lunge from low lunge without falling over.

We did a couple of community poses, like tree with our arms extended, and moving from one-legged tadasana to to airplane with our arms linked.  I have never done that before with others, and it was really nice.

All in all, it was empowering and uplifting.  Being alone, and together, in the dark, focusing on ourselves.

Namaste,

Chess

No comments:

Post a Comment