Thursday, January 16, 2014

Trust

I find this quote to be very interesting.  Sometimes in this world we become so jaded, and we no longer trust anyone.  I really try to give the benefit of the doubt, but this last year I saw why it is so hard to trust new people.

I had a manager that was extremely aggressive to the point of me fearing for my job.  When she was fired, and a new manager was hired, it took a little while for me to really trust her.  I had to reserve my dislike for the previous manager and try to remember that this new manager is not the same person, so may act differently.  I waited and see what she would accomplish before I truly opened up to her.  When I finally did, so much weight was lifted off my shoulders, it was like the clouds parted and the sun started shining.

I invite you to give others the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe that person that was so angry at you is going through a rough patch, and you were the first person that was willing to stop and listen.  Maybe these other people that are extremely aggressive have been completely jaded by actions that were done to them.  Regardless, try to trust people.  You can always re-evaluate if the person acts inappropriately, but being authentic with people will always give you a different relationship than if you are guarded.

Namaste my friends,

Chess

No comments:

Post a Comment