Saturday, January 25, 2014

Oh the excitement!

Tomorrow will be my first day of class in the yoga teacher training.  I'm extremely excited and a little nervous.  I can't wait to take this first step and learn so much more about yoga.  I finished the required reading already, and have started on my book for the book report.

I'm a little worried about the sequence we are supposed to have memorized already.  I have a little bit of the beginning memorized, but not all of it.  This is after reviewing it every day for a month.  I talk to one of the instructors about that and she said not to worry, that a lot of people really get it down when they start working through the sequence.  I know I learn best when I actually go through the motions, so maybe I should have been going through the asanas to begin with.  Regardless, I feel a bit better after talking to the instructor about it.

There will be a lot of memorization, on top of other things that I am working on, such as belly dance.  I know it will be a great challenge, and I hope I do well.  I really feel like this is the right time in my life and see things differently now, than in the past when I was contemplating this.  I'm feeling good about this decision.

Namaste my friends,

Chess



No comments:

Post a Comment